About this download
This program will upgrade Atheros WirelessLAN device driver to Version 22.214.171.1240 and resolve the following symptom:
1. Wireless Switch utility cannot switch to Atheros LAN device.
Before installing this upgrade program:
Check that the unit has a built-in Atheros Wireless LAN module. This upgrade is suitable for Atheros Wireless LAN module and not suitable for Intel Wireless LAN module.
Atheros WirelessLAN device upgrade program version 126.96.36.1990
File name: WirelessLAN-Atheros.EXE
File size: 7.43 MB (7,795,798 bytes)
- To install Atheros WirelessLAN device upgrade program version 188.8.131.520
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Connect the AC adapter and switch on the Wireless LAN module.
2. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
3. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click WirelessLAN-Atheros.EXE.
4. The installation will take a few minutes and after installation is completed please restart the system at once.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Open Hardware Devie Mangement.
2. Check the driver version for Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter.
3. If the upgrading is sucessful, the driver version should be 184.108.40.2060.