- To download the installation for VGN-Z2 series
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs
Please note that when installing either of the Windows XP versions, users may no longer have access to some preinstalled software or will not be able to use some of preinstalled functions. Below are the functions that are confirmed to be unusable once users downgrade to Windows XP on VGN-Z2 Series:
1. The audio format which can be output is PCM only. (AC3 and DTS, used for DVD, are converted into PCM 48kHz 2ch and output.)
2. Sound is also output from the built-in Speaker when using HDMI output mode
3. When using Hardware Graphics switch button function to change the graphics mode such as from Intel Graphics to NVIDIA Graphics, there is no pop up notification. Customers need manually restart the computers by themselves.
4. When using STAMINA mode, after changing brightness via Fn+F5/F6 key, the brightness is not saved after restarting the unit.
5. Plug and Display function does not work.
6. Fn+F9/F10 (Zoom in/Zoom out) function key does not work.
7. Sounds are not output when playing back DVD titles that uses Dolby Digital Sounds via Windows Media Player.
8. Blu-ray drive function is not supported.
9. Hard disk Drive protection function cannot be used.
10. Sometimes the error message "System file cannot be updated" appears when installing TPM Professional Package.
11. Some contents in Bluetooth Utility help file are not correct.
12. There is no manual on how to use XP.
13. RAID Function cannot be used.
Please download the installation manual for VGN-Z2 series and refer to the installation steps to install the related XP drivers and applications on VGN-Z2 Series.
Note: Please use Adobe Reader to open the manual that is in PDF format.