About this download
This program will update BD-Combo Drive Firmware BC-5500S-VN version to 1.78 and will resolve the following symptoms:
- Cannot write BackUp data to DVD media with Backup and Restore of Windows7.
Readability of BD-R(SL) is also improved in this upgrade version.
BD-Combo Drive Firmware BC-5500S-VN version 1.78
File name: EP0000211176.exe
File size: 2.22 MB (2,334,720 bytes)
- To install BD-Combo Drive Firmware BC-5500S-VN version 1.78
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
- Windows Vista SP2 64bit
- Windows 7 32bit
- Windows 7 64bit
This update is only applicable for models with Optical Drive model BC-5500S.
Otherwise, do not install.
1. Go to Device Manage
2. Expand DVD/CD-ROM Drives to display Optical Driver model.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000211176.exe.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To confirm if the installation is successful:
- Run the packaged installer again.
- If the update was successful, "It is unnecessary to update." message will appear.