- To install SATA Driver
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
When the Operating System is changed from Windows Vista to Windows XP, and these drivers and applications are installed, the following will be experienced:
1. AV Mode Button cannot be used.
2. Instant On mode cannot be used.
3. Fn+F5/Fn+F6 Function Key(Brightness Control) cannot be used.
4. Fn+F10(Zoom in/out function) cannot be used.
5. When connected with HDMI, the sound output does not work.
1. Please find one external floppy disk drive and connect with the unit.
2. Please insert a blank formatted floppy disk into the external floppy disk drive, and unzip the download Zip file.
3. Please copy these 8 unzip files to the blank formatted floppy disk.
4. Start the Microsoft Windows Operating System setup by booting from the installation CD.
5. At the beginning of the Operating System setup, press theF6 key to install a third-party SAST or RAID driver.
6. When prompted, insert the floppy disk with the SATA driver files.
7. After reading the floppy disk, the SATA Controller will be presented. Select this driver to install l (Please choose option 2). Finish the Windows? Operating System installation and install all necessary drivers.