- To download the installation User Manual for VGN-Z1 Series
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs
Please note that when installing either of the Windows XP versions, users may no longer have access to some preinstalled software or will not be able to use some of preinstalled functions.
Below are the functions that are confirmed to be unusable once users downgrade to Windows XP on VGN-Z1 Series:
1. HDD Protection function cannot be used
2. Fn+F9/Fn+F10 function cannot be used.
3. HDMI function maybe cannot be used.
4. RAID function cannot be used.
5. When switching the graphics mode such as from Speed mode to STAMINA mode the system will not prompt to restart the unit. Please restart the unit manually immediately.