About this download
This BIOS firmware will resolve the following symptoms:
1. Once Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) is installed, Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express will start automatically when Windows starts up.
2. Problems with CAD softwares.
3. Various games may cause the system to stop responding.
4. The system stops responding when the memory usage performance of the system cache has been changed.
BIOS Version R0080F1
File name: R0080F1.exe
File size: 822 KB (841,920 bytes)
- BIOS Version R0080F1
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards, except for the docking station.
NOTE: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
During the process of BIOS updating, please ensure the following:
1. Do not switch off the computer.
2. Do not allow the computer to go into Standby or Hibernation mode.
3. Do not start any other programs.
4. Do not connect any other peripherals to the computer.
Additional Information: Please also upgrade the following programs from VAIO Downloads once you have successfully updated the BIOS to Version R0080F1.
- Graphics driver 126.96.36.19958 and
- WinDVD Update Patch 188.8.131.52.
Details1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference). Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the file to begin files extraction.
2. Double-click R0080F1.EXE. Check that the new version R0080F1 is displayed.
3. Click Update and click OK to perform updating.
4. Click OK to restart the computer.