About this download
This program updates the DSLR-A700 camera firmware to Version 4.
Firmware Update AdditionalFeatures / Improvements
- Add the choice of “2 steps/ 3 shots” to auto exposure bracketing (single and continuous)
- Add the choice of Off to the High ISO NR feature
- Improvement of the image quality in high ISO setting
- Improvement of the performance of the auto white balance and the D-Range Optimizer
- Improvement of reliability for communication between camera body and vertical grip when attaching the vertical grip
IMPORTANT: This firmware update is only for a DSLR-A700 camera that has Ver.1, Ver.2 or Ver.3 of the firmware installed.
Determine whether or not this firmware update is needed:
Only DSLR-A700 cameras that meet the criteria for the current firmware version should proceed with this firmware update. Follow these steps to check your firmware version.
Note: If the firmware version is already Ver.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- Slide the POWER switch to the ON position.
- Press the MENU Button, then LCD monitor displays menu.
- Press DISP button while menu is indicated.
- A window will show the firmware version on LCD monitor.
- Press the Center button of Multi-selector to close the version display.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
- Do not use this firmware to update any other models of digital cameras.
- This Camera firmware update and any changes incurred by it are permanent. It is not possible to return to a previous firmware version after updating this firmware. By continuing this update process, downloading and updating this firmware, acknowledgement of awareness and understanding that this update cannot reverse this installation.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
- Please contact your local Sony office, if you encounter any problem while performing the firmware update
For Asia Pacific Region
- Macintosh Operating System: DSCA700v04.zip (4.49 MB)
Originally posted: 2008/09/16
- For Mac OS X (v10.1.3 - v10.5)
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Mac OS
Supported Operating System
- Windows® Vista Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate/Business/Enterprise*
- Windows® XP Home Edition/Professional*
- Windows® 2000 Professional
- Mac OS X (v10.1.3 - v10.5)
* 64-bit editions and Starter are not supported.
Note: For Windows® 98 / 98 Second Edition / Millennium Edition
- You cannot connect the camera to the computer with the USB cable.
- Your computer should have a card slot, or a card reader which is suitable for the recording medium.
- The computer should be equipped with a USB port, or a card slot which is suitable for a recording medium to use.
- Available hard disk space should be 5MB or more.
- RAM should be 32MB or more.
Please be sure to prepare the following items as it will be used while updating.
POWER source (for the camera)
- When performing the firmware update, use the fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FM500H or the AC-VQ900AM AC adapter/charger (sold separately).
- USB cable supplied with camera
* Operations are not guaranteed if you use a commercially available USB cable.
Please prepare a recording medium from the following.
- Memory Stick Duo/Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo with capacity of 16MB or more
* Those will be generally called "Memory Stick Duo" in the following pages.
- CF (CompactFlash) card with capacity of 16MB or more
Recording medium is required to be formatted with the camera beforehand. Please backup the data in the medium before format.
- Please download the firmware update file from the SONY Web site of the country where you purchased the camera.
- This download is meant only for DSLR-A700 camera purchased in Asia Pacific region.
File name: DSCA700v04.zip
File size: 4,719,538 bytes
Please follow the instructions listed above to complete the firmware update.