How to set the focus mode in the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app using Smart Remote.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Connect your camera to your smartphone or tablet.
- For model-specific instructions, check the manual of the camera. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- On your smartphone or tablet, tap on the icon for the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor).
- On the quick access menu of Imaging Edge Mobile, tap on the Focus Mode tile.
NOTE: Camera settings like ISO, Aperture, and Shutter Speed is only available on the Imaging Edge Mobile interface if the Smart Remote embedded app on your camera is updated to Smart Remote Control. To check if your camera is compatible with the update and for instructions on how to update, visit the PlayMemories Camera Apps website.
- Select a desired focus mode.
NOTE: For cameras with a physical focus mode switch, changing focus mode within the app isn't possible, use the physical switch instead.