Battery life shortens depending on how frequently the remote control is used.
The battery life may also shorten if you frequently perform the following operations.
- Operation on the HOME screen and/or Apps
- Using Touchpad
- Using a microphone (voice recognition)
- Set-top box operations
NOTE: The button or feature may not be available depending on your remote control.
Depending on the TV models, Sony provides manganese batteries for you to use right after you install your TV.
If you want longer battery life, the use of alkaline batteries is recommended. Alkaline batteries last longer than manganese batteries. (Rechargeable batteries cannot be used.)
NOTE: When the battery is running low, buttons or cursors may not respond properly. The Battery indication is available with Android™ 6.0 or later. You can check the remaining battery level of the remote control on the TV screen by following the steps below. If the remaining battery level becomes low, replacing the batteries is recommended.
How to check the remaining battery level
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Bluetooth settings in the Network & Accessories category.
- Select Device list.
- Select your remote control. (For example: SONY TV RC MIC 001)
About the Battery indication
- The Battery indication is a guide, not an accurate value.
The value of Battery may differ each time you check.
- Depending on the remote control, displaying the Battery indication may take about 10 seconds. If 100% is displayed even though the batteries are not new, please wait for a while until the actual value is displayed.
- Depending on the batteries, the value at which the remote control does not work will vary.
Example: The remote control may not work with a remaining battery level of 50% for some batteries, or 40% for other batteries.
- The Battery indication is available only with a Bluetooth remote control such as a Touchpad remote control and Voice Remote control.
- This function cannot be used when the remote control does not work.