What Is It?
Panel refresh automatically runs to adjust the uniformity of the OLED TV screen when you use it for long periods of time. A message appears on the screen to Refresh the TV Screen when you turn off your TV with the remote control.
Panel refresh can also be performed manually when image retention is very noticeable or you see the following message: Panel refresh did not finish…
However, the Panel refresh function may affect the panel. Please do not perform it more than once a year as it may affect the usable life of the panel.
If you manually run Panel refresh,
Follow the steps below.
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select Picture & Display in the TV category.
- Select Expert panel settings.
- Select Panel Refresh.
- Once complete, you see the following message: Panel refresh finished when you turn on your TV with the remote control.
- Due to the characteristics of the material in Organic EL displays, pixels may degrade and unevenness may become apparent on the screen.
- Panel refresh takes about one hour to complete.
- A white line may be displayed on the screen during the Panel refresh, this is not a malfunction of the TV.
- Panel refresh will only work when the room temperature is between 50 ºF and 104 ºF (10 ºC and 40 ºC).