Software update by USB flash drive does not start.
First, Check the status of the illumination LED/Status LED on the TV.
- If the illumination LED or Status LED is blinking white:
Software update has started. Please wait until the update is complete.
- If the illumination LED or Status LED is not blinking white:
- Try the steps below.
- Remove all USB devices connected to the TV. When removing external HDDs or USB flash drives, check that their access LEDs have stopped blinking first.
- Unplug the TV’s power cord while the TV screen is on.
- Connect the USB flash drive for software updates to the USB port on the TV.
- Plug in the TV’s power cord.
The software update will start automatically.
- The USB flash drive must meet the following conditions:
- The drive must be formatted in FAT16, FAT32, exFAT or NTFS
- The drive will need to have sufficient free space to accommodate the update file
- The update file must be saved in the root directory of the drive
- The update can fail even when using a USB flash drive that meets the above conditions, depending on the size and directory structure of other files on the drive. If the update does fail, delete other files and try again with only the update file saved in the USB flash drive. If the update still fails, format the USB flash drive to FAT32 and try again.