Try the following procedures.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the device status after completing each step.
- Check that the power of the unit and all connected devices is on.
- Check that all connector cables are connected firmly to the input/output terminals of the receiver, speaker, and other devices.
- Check whether the MASTER VOLUME knob on the front of the receiver is at VOL MIN.
- Check whether audio is properly entering the receiver from the connected device, and whether audio is properly playing.
- Select the input you want to hear by pressing the input button on your remote control or turning the INPUT SELECTOR knob on the front of the receiver.
- Check that headphones are not connected to the receiver.
- Press the SPEAKERS button on the front of the receiver and select a setting other than OFF SPEAKERS.
- Press the (muting) button on the supplied remote control and deactivate the mute function. MUTING will be cleared from the display window.