JEITA A stands for Japan Electronic Information Technology Association (Ver 1.0).
JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Screen saver: None.Right-click on the desktop→ Personalize →Screen saver→ None
2. Volume control: Mute.
Select the Volume icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Open volume Mixer→ Mute
3. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
Select the Wireless Function icon on the taskbar→ Right-click→ Show main dialog→ Deselect Enable Wireless LAN→ Click apply
4. Set VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper as Desktop background
Right-click on the desktop→ Personalize →Desktop Background and then select VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper (1280*800)
5. VAIO MODE SWITCH:
Ensure the button icon is non-displayed on the screen.
6. Close Windows Sidebar
Right-click the Windows Sidebar icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
7. Close all active windows
8. Go to VAIO Control Center - Power Management - Power Optionsbutton. Unselect Automatically hibernate when computer goes into a low-power state.
9. DO NOT run the initial settings of McAfee SecurityCenter
Common settings in Control Panel - Power Options
* Power Plan
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery
* Plan Settings
1. Turn off the display: Never
2. Put the computer to sleep: Never
* VAIO Power Management
- Go to Change advanced power settings -VAIO Power Management tab
1. Display - Display Color: Medium (16 bit)
2. Other devices - CD/DVD/BD Drive: Auto Off
Adjust the brightness of the LCD
Change the brightness level to 3 with Fn & F5 or F6 key.
Please refer to the steps below
1. Fully charge the battery of the notebook.
2. Play the video clip stored on the HDD Drive continuously.
Please refer to the following to obtain the test media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the HDD Drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the notebook shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.