Please refer to the steps below to create a restore point using the System Restore utility in the Windows Vista Operating System.
IMPORTANT: System Restore will create a backup of the registry and other settings. No data will be saved and documents and e-mail will not be backed up.
NOTE: If the system will not start in normal mode, restart the computer in Safe Mode.
1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
3. In the System and Maintenance window, click System.
4. In the System window, under Tasks, click System Protection.
NOTE: If the User Account Control window is displayed, click the Continue button.
5. In the System Properties window, on the System Protection tab, click Create button.
6. In the System Protection window, type a description for this restore point, and then click the Create button.
7. After the restore point is created, click the OK button.
8. Close the System Properties window.
9. Close the System window.