JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Turn on the system in STAMINA mode
2. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
3. Close the VAIO Smart Network from the taskbar
Right-click VAIO Smart Network icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
4. Set the desktop background to VAIO Long Battery Life Wallpaper 1366x768
Right-click on the desktop -> Personalize -> Desktop Background and then select VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper (1366*768)
5. Close the Prepare your VAIO
6. Close the Side Bar
Right-click the Windows Sidebar icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
7. Exit VAIO Gate
8. Set Volume control to Mute
Rignt-click the Volume icon on the taskbar -> Select Open volume Mixer - Click Mute icon
9. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Click Windows updates -> Click Change Settings -> Uncheck Never check for updates.
10. Do not change initial settings of McAfee Security Center
1. Select VAIO Maximum Battery
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery
2. Go to Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Advanced settings tab
Sleep After - Never
Hibernate After - Never
Turn off display After - Never
Low battery notificdation - Never
3. Go to Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> VAIO Power Management tab
Color quality - Medium (16 bit)
Memory Card Slot - Disable
Refresh Rate - [40Hz]
1. Go to Control Panel -> Power Option -> Advanced Settings and then set brightness to 28%
Please refer to the steps below
1. Fully charge the battery of the notebook.
2. Play the video clip stored on the HDD Drive continuously.
Please refer to the following to obtain the test media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the HDD Drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the notebook shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.