[Windows Vista] How to activate the System Restore function?
When performing a System Restore, it is necessary to activate the system protection function (the function of creating a restore point). After the system protection function has been activated, the computer will create a restore point on the disk by itself. It is suggested to activate the System Restore function of all the disks which contain important files.
[Windows Vista]How to operate System Restore.
After the System Restore function has been activated, please perform the steps below.
1. Click Start and right-click Computer.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click System Protection on the left side of the window.
4. After displaying the User Account Control message, click Continue.
For standard users, please refer to the following steps.
[Windows Vista] About User Account Control
5. If the User Account Control message does not display, please refer to the following steps.
6. Click the System Protection label, and then select all check boxes next to Available Disks.
*Please choose all the disks which contain important files.
Choose Local Disk (C: /) here.
8. Click the OK button.
9. After the operations above have been completed, the System Protection function begins to take effect.