You might experience that you suddenly don’t receive any email messages and that your email app has stopped syncing. One of the reasons that syncing or receiving email messages has stopped may be that STAMINA mode has been activated automatically to save battery power.
To solve the problem, try these actions one after the other. Verify after each action whether the problem was solved before trying the next one.
- If the email account isn’t an Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS) account, open and refresh your email app. Email sync problems related to EAS accounts are not caused by STAMINA mode.
- To avoid the issue, remove your email app from the list of battery-optimised apps in Settings (see instruction further down this page).
- Make sure you use the correct email account password on your Xperia™ device. You may have changed your email account password using another device, but forgotten to update the password on your Xperia™ device.
- If the email problem is related to an EAS account in a corporate environment, contact the IT support of your company or organisation.
- If removing the email app from the battery optimisation list doesn't solve the problem, go to http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/, select your Xperia™ device model, and enter An app isn’t working in the search field. The troubleshooting article “An app isn’t working” will suggest a number of additional possible solutions.
- If the suggested solutions don't work and you're using Wi-Fi, enter My Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping in the search field. The troubleshooting article “My Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping” will suggest a number of Wi-Fi-related solutions.
- If you still experience syncing problems and you're using mobile data, enter There is no network coverage or mobile data connection in the search field to get a list of solutions from the troubleshooting article “There is no network coverage or mobile data connection”.
To remove an app from the battery optimisation list
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Battery.
- Tap the menu button (three vertical dots) and select Battery optimisation to view a list of non-battery-optimised apps.
- To add the email app to the list of non-battery-optimised apps, tap APPS and then mark the checkbox for the email app. The app is added to the NOT OPTIMISED list.