About this download
This driver updates the Operating System of the computer to allow the Walkman to function as a removable disk even without the use of the SonicStage software.
Applicable Operating System : Windows® Millennium Edition / Windows® 2000 Professional
Note: It is not necessary for computers with the following Operating Systems to install the driver.
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2004
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition
- Windows® XP Professional
- Windows® XP Home Edition
File Name : PA_Driver.exe
Download size: 1,728 KB
Originally posted: 2 May 2006
- Network Walkman Driver
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
Important:Windows® 98 Second Edition driver is not available for download. Please install the driver using the CD-ROM that is supplied with the Walkman. To purchase the CD-ROM or for further assistance, please approach the nearest Sony Service Center.
1. Create a folder called SonyTemp in the C: drive.
2. Download the following file into the folder that was created in Step 1.
PA_Driver.exe (1,728 KB)
3. After the download is completed, in Windows Explorer, select Views -> Details to check the file size. If the file size is not the same as indicated earlier, please download the file again.
4. When the download is completed, please restart the computer.
Once the download has been completed, please install the program on Windows using the following steps.
1. Close all programs that are currently opened.
2. Go to Start and select Run. The Run dialog box will appear.
3. At the Run box, type C:\SonyTemp\PA_Driver.exe and click OK.
4. Follow the messages that appear in the window to install the Personal Audio Driver.
5. The message Setup has finished installing Personal Audio Driver on your computer will be displayed once installation is completed.
Note: A Personal Audio Driver folder will be created in C:\Program Files\Sony.