IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to transfer content:
- Connect the computer and the Walkman using the included USB Type-C cable.
Note: If the Walkman and the computer are connected with a third-party USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable, transferring may fail. If your computer does not have a USB Type-A port and you need to connect the devices with a third-party cable, try the following steps:
- Start the Music Center for PC software.
- Select (Menu) → Tools → Settings → Device Transfer.
- Under Transfer mode, select Auto-assign transfer: The file will always be converted to AAC format and then transferred, then select OK.
- Transfer the content to the Walkman using Music Center for PC software.
- When the Use USB for menu appears on the Walkman screen, select File Transfer → OK.
If the Use USB for menu does not appear, check the following:
- Unlock the Walkman screen.
- Swipe the Home screen upwards and then tap the menu items in the following order, (Settings) → Connected devices → USB.
- Make sure that the cable is securely connected to the computer.
- A transfer may not be possible when using a USB hub. Make sure the USB Type-C cable is connected directly to the computer's USB port.
- Transfer the content from the computer to the Walkman.
Note: For detailed instructions on how to transfer the content, refer to the appropriate section in the Help Guide:
- Transferring content from a Windows computer using the Music Center for PC (Windows) software
- Transferring content using a Mac computer
- If transferring the content fails, the Walkman player or SD card may not have sufficient space. Follow these steps to check the free space of the Walkman player or the SD card:
- Swipe the Home screen upwards.
- Select (Settings) → Storage.
- Check the available storage capacity of the Walkman player or SD card (if inserted).
- If transferring still fails, connect the Walkman player to a different USB port on the computer and try the transfer again.
Note: Watch the video for how to transfer content:
- NW-A100/ZX500 Series