About this download
This driver enables the IC Recorder or the Linear PCM recorder to be used as a removable disk in Windows Explorer.
Applicable Operating System
- Windows® 2000 Professional
Note: It is not necessary to install the driver for
- Windows® 7 Ultimate
- Windows® 7 Professional
- Windows® 7 Home Premium
- Windows® 7 Home Basic
- Windows® 7 Starter
- Windows® Vista Home Basic
- Windows® Vista Home Premium
- Windows® Vista Business
- Windows® Vista Ultimate
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2004
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition
- Windows® XP Professional
- Windows® XP Home Edition
Windows Driver for IC Recorder
File Name: SonyRecorder_Driver.exe
Download size: 2.18 MB (2,239 KB)
Updated on: 23 September 2009
- Windows 2000 Professional Driver
- Windows 2000
- Prior to the download, close all programs that are currently opened.
- Create a new folder SonyTemp in the C: drive.
- Download the file SonyRecorder_Driver.exe (2,239 KB) into the folder created in Step 2.
Note: This driver also works with Chinese version of Windows 2000 Professional.
- Upon completion of the download, please check the size of the file as follows: Choose View –> Details in Windows Explorer
- If the file size is the same, the download has been completed successfully. Otherwise, please delete all the downloaded files and perform the download again.
- It is highly recommended to copy the downloaded files for backup.
- Close all the programs that are currently opened.
- Click Start and select Run.
- At the Run box, type C:\SonyTemp\SonyRecorder_Driver.exe and click OK to begin the installation.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
- Restart the computer after completing the installation.
- The installation of the driver is completed successfully if the folder Sony Recorder Driver is created in C:\Program Files\Sony.