This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Optimises the peaking display level for S-Log shooting
- Further improves the shooting stability of the Steady Shot feature, when in high frame rate shooting conditions
- Improves the overall stability and performance of the camera
- FDR-AX700 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver.1.01 (Windows)
- 178 MB (187 360 056 bytes)
Operating systemsThe latest version of the system software update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 7 SP1
Computer hardwareThe latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following hardware:
- Hard disk space: 500 MB or more
- RAM: 512 MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before updating the system software.
- Power source for the camera
- Fully charged rechargeable battery pack (NP-FV70A) or dedicated AC adapter
- USB cable (supplied) Type A Male to Micro-B Male Cable
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- When performing the system software update, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack (NP-FV70A) or dedicated AC adapter.
- Do not remove the battery or AC adapter during the update. Otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card/memory recording unit from the camera beforehand.
- Prevent your computer from entering Sleep mode.
- Once the update is completed, all setup returns to the default settings set at the factory.
How to download the Updater:
- After reading the disclaimer, click Download.
- The file [Update_FDRAX700V101.exe] file will start downloading.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
With the standard settings of Internet Explorer, the update file will be saved in your [Downloads] folder.
Click the [Desktop] icon from the Start screen and find the downloaded file in the [Downloads] folder using Explorer.
Step 1: Start the Updater
- Close all currently programs currently running on your computer.
- Double-click the [Update_FDRAX700V101.exe] file you downloaded. Do not connect the camera at this point.
- System Software Updater starts up.
- Turn on the camera.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
Note: If the computer cannot find the camera, the message "Could not find the camera for this update." appears on the computer screen. Please try the following:
- Disconnect the USB cable and connect it again.
- If the computer has multiple USB terminals, try with the other terminals.
- Click [Next] on System Software Updater.
At the same time, the message "Follow instructions on the computer." will appear on the LCD screen of the camera.
Note: Do not turn off the camera until the system software update has completed.
- After confirming the current version on the screen, click [Next].
- The camera resets automatically.
- After resetting, the update starts.
The progress bar appears while updating (approximately 5 minutes).
Note: Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- When the screen appears, press the [Finish] button and disconnect the USB cable.
Note: Once the update is complete, please set the date and time to set the camera body power cycle.
Step 2: Confirm the system software version of your device is Ver.1.01.
Select [Menu] - [OTHERS] - [VERSION DISPLAY] on the camera. The system software version is displayed.
Questions & Answers
The update does not complete
When the monitor remains black for more than 15 minutes, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Remove the battery and AC adapter from the camera, leave it for a few minutes, then insert the battery again or connect the AC adapter.
- Restart the computer.
- Turn on the camera and perform the installation process again.