About this download
This program will update VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) to version 188.8.131.5280 and will have the following:
- System Recovery encounters error when using Recovery Discs created by the PC.
VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) Update version 184.108.40.20680
File name: EP0000601134.exe
File size: 18.89 MB (19799584 bytes)
- VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) Update version 220.127.116.1180
- 18.89 MB
- Windows 8 64bit
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000601134.exe.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
Please update VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) iSCT Update version 3.2.1/3.3.2/3.3.3 before installing this patch.
It it recommended to create a new set of Recovery Discs after applying this patch. Previously created Recovery Discs will encounter error even after applying this patch.
To check if installation is successful:
1. In the computer shutdown condition, press the ASSIST button.
2. Press F10 key or select the Recover or maintain your system [F10] and press Enter.
3. Select the language and the keyboard layout setting preference.
4. Select Troubleshoot option and press Enter.
5. Select Recovery and maintenance option and press the Enter.
6. Select Windows 8 as target Operating System and press Enter.
7. Select Version and confirm the version information in the Version screen.
8. Version should indicate 18.104.22.16880.