Remote Keyboard is an application used to enable VAIO computers to connect to Sony devices such as BRAVIA, PlayStation® 3, Blu-ray Disc™ Player and other compatible Sony Devices. VAIO acts as a keyboard for all Sony Devices to input text information quickly and conveniently and send it to the device respectively.
Here are the steps in using the Remote Keyboard application:
- Click Start button.
- Point to Remote Keyboard in the Start Menu or type 'remote keyboard' in the Search box to locate the application.
- Click Register New Device button.
- Select the type of device you want to connect with VAIO.
- For PlayStation® 3, a Bluetooth connection is needed.
- For BRAVIA and Blu-ray DiscTM player, connection is created via Home Network.
- If you want to connect your VAIO with a PlayStation® 3, ensure that a Bluetooth connection is established. If you want to connect your VAIO with BRAVIA, ensure that a connection is established via Home Network.
- Once done, perform the device registration of your PlayStation® 3, BRAVIA or Blu-ray Disc™ Player. Follow the Next Steps as instructed by Remote Keyboard.
Registration of the device is only done once. No registration is needed for succeeding connections for the same device.
- You will then be able to use the VAIO keyboard for key input for PlayStation® 3, BRAVIA or Blu-ray DiscTM Player.
Here's a sample screenshot for a successful connection with Blu-ray DiscTM Player.