On most notebook computers you can use the Fn+F5 keys to lower screen brightness level, and the Fn+F6 keys to raise screen brightness level.
IMPORTANT: If the function key combinations do not work, ensure the VAIO Event Service is started and running .
NOTE: Ensure the computer has all the latest driver and software updates installed.
The screen brightness can also be adjusted in the operating system following this procedure:
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, in the Search field type Power Options, and then click the Power Options icon.
- In the Power Options window, on the bottom of the window next to Screen brightness, move the slider bar to the desired level.
- The brightness will adjust in real time as the slider bar is moved.
- If the Screen brightness slider is not present at the bottom of the Power Options window, either the computer is in Speed mode, or the proper display drivers have not been installed.