Questions & Answers: 41
- How to connect a Bluetooth device to your Car Audio SystemBluetooth pairing & connecting your device In this example, we will explain the pairing procedure between a Car Audio unit/system and a smartphone. Bluetooth pairing is only required the first time you want to connect
- When playing video via USB, interruptions may occur if the car audio is also wirelessly connected to Apple CarPlayIf this issue occurs, disconnect the Apple CarPlay device connection to resolve the issue.
- After a call conversation, the sound from Android Auto is heard from the smartphone.Depending on the smartphone, the Android Auto sound may be heard from the smartphone after a call conversation. If this occurs, use the car stereo's Device Connection screen to end the smartphone connection (disconnect)
- "Network Timeout Error" is displayed on the XAV-9500ES while performing a firmware update in USB tethering mode.Make sure you're in an area with a good signal and try the update again. If the date and time aren't correct, set the correct date and time in the Date/Time settings.
- A message urging a data repair is displayed on the computer after connecting the USB flash drive used on the car audio (XAV-9500ES)If a data repair message appears, back up the data stored on the drive, if necessary, then format the USB flash drive. Refer to the USB flash drive manual for details on how to format the USB flash drive.
- System requirements needed for using an Android phone with Android Auto via a wireless connection (XAV-9500ES)For the system requirements, refer to the Get started with Android Auto Google web page.
- The rear view camera or black screen remains when the R (reverse) position of the shift lever is released (XAV-9500ES).If this issue occurs, connect the camera power cord (lead) to the power terminal for accessories.
- The Apple CarPlay or Android Auto wireless connection does not resume when the car stereo is turned on.If the Apple CarPlay or the Android Auto wireless connection does not resume even when the car stereo is turned on, try one of the following: Turn the car stereo off and then back on again. If you are using an iPhone
- "USB device not support" message is displayed on the car audio while playing via HDMI.This issue can occur when you connect a USB cable for a power supply of an HDMI source device to the USB port of the unit. To avoid this issue, connect the HDMI source device to a different power supply, or change
- The car stereo does not respond when using Apple CarPlay.If the car stereo does not respond when using Apple CarPlay, press and hold the HOME button for 10 seconds. The car stereo will reboot and the issue will be resolved.