- The Chromecast built-in (Google Cast) function works only when casting a video from an app such as YouTube on an Android TV™. For details, refer to the URL below:
- The Chromecast-enabled (Google Cast-enabled) app of the Android TV and the mobile device must be running the latest version.
- The Chromecast built-in function works if the Android device has the Android 2.3 version or later, and iOS 7.0 version or later for an Apple iOS mobile device.
- Casting from the Google Chrome Internet browser on a mobile device is not supported.
Follow the steps below when casting photos, videos, games, or websites from a Chromecast-enabled app or an Apple iOS mobile device to the Android TV.
- The Android TV and the mobile device must be connected to the same network.
- Launch the Chromecast-enabled app on the mobile device.
- On the app screen, tap the Chromecast built-in icon.
- Select the Android TV model.
- Tap Play to start playback.
- After tapping Play, the video from the app will now start playing on the TV screen.
- The Chromecast-enabled app shown in this example of the step 4 is the YouTube app.
*Google, Android, Android TV, YouTube, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in are trademarks of Google LLC.