This page introduces instructions for pairing your headphones with your source device, such as a Walkman, smartphone, computer or Sony TV.
Before you start the pairing operation, please confirm the following:
- Refer to the operating instructions or help guide for model-specific information.
- Place the source device within 1 m (3 feet) of the headphones.
- Make sure the headphones and Bluetooth source device are both sufficiently charged.
Bluetooth headphones pairing procedure
- Press and hold on the (power) button for approx. 7 seconds.
NOTE: When you are registering a device for the first time after purchase or you have reset the headphones to factory settings (there is no registered device information in the headphones), the headphones will switch automatically to pairing mode when powered on.
- The indicator will flash.
- Confirm that the indicator continues to flash after releasing your finger from the button. Voice guidance BLUETOOTH pairing (performing Bluetooth pairing) will play.
- Perform the pairing procedure on the source device to detect your Bluetooth headphones.
NOTE: Complete pairing with the source device within 5 minutes because the headphones pairing mode ends after 5 minutes. If pairing mode ends, you must restart pairing operations.
Bluetooth source device pairing procedure
Select your source device from the following list to confirm the relevant pairing procedure.
- Android device (smartphone, tablet)
- iOS device (iPhone, iPad)
- Windows 8.1, 10 or 11
- Windows 7
- Sony Android TVs (Step 2: Pair the headphones with the TV section)
NOTE: Not all Sony Android TVs can be use with Bluetooth headphones or speakers, please verify that your TV model is in the list.
Helpful information on Bluetooth pairing
Once Bluetooth devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- When you perform a factory settings reset, all pairing information is deleted.
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
- If you exceed the maximum number of Bluetooth devices that can be paired (approx. 8), the oldest pairing information will be overwritten and replaced by any new pairing information.
- When the pairing information for the headset has been deleted from the Bluetooth source device.
- If you are experiencing issues pairing your Headphones, please refer to our Headphone Troubleshooting Guide.