The TV may not turn on if there is a power issue. Often power issues are caused by a drop in voltage in an electrical power. The power outage can be caused by a storm or short-term power fluctuations known as brownouts or blackouts. If you cannot turn on the TV with the remote control, it is possible the batteries in the remote control are weak or that something is interfering with the infrared (IR) signal to the TV.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the TV not turning on.
NOTE: For model specific information regarding any of the steps in this solution, refer to the supplied operations manual.
If the Red, Green, or Orange lights are on or blinking on the TV
The issues or status of the TV varies depending on the color of the lights and how they light up. For details, refer to the FAQ below.
Red, green or orange lights are on or blinking on the TV.
If the Red, Green, or Orange lights are off on the TV
If the red, green, or orange lights are off or not blinking, try the following procedure.
- Make sure the AC power cord (mains lead) is connected securely to a working wall outlet.
NOTE: If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, unplug it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.
- Make sure that the ENERGY SAVING SWITCH is On.
NOTE: Skip this step if the TV does not have a Energy Saving Switch.
- Press the POWER button on the TV.
- Press the POWER button on the remote control that was supplied with the TV.
NOTE: If the TV turns on and off using the POWER button on the TV but does not respond to the POWER button on the remote control, troubleshoot the remote control .
- Unplug the TV power cord (mains lead) from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord (mains lead) into a known working electrical wall outlet.
- Disconnect all external devices connected to the TV.
- Attempt to turn on the TV.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.