If the Virtual keyboard does not appear on the TV screen, even after selecting the text input box, perform the following workarounds in order. Check to see if the issue is resolved after completing each workaround.
- Remove all wireless devices connected to the TV via USB port. If there is a wireless mouse receiver connected to the TV, the Virtual keyboard may not appear because it may be recognized by the TV as a USB keyboard. To resolve this issue, remove the wireless mouse receiver from the TV.
Example of a wireless mouse receiver:
- Perform a power reset on the TV.
Check the Keyboard settings by following these steps:
- These are examples on models with Android™ 8.0 and 9.
- If Device Preferences is not shown on your TV menu, skip it.
- HOME — Settings — (Device Preferences) — Keyboard — Current keyboard — Select Gboard.
- HOME — Settings — (Device Preferences) — Keyboard — Manage keyboards — Turn on Gboard.
- HOME — Settings — (Device Preferences) — Keyboard — Manage keyboards — Disable Google voice typing.
Check to see if the Virtual keyboard appears after completing either of these steps:
NOTE: These steps may not apply depending on the model, OS version, or Google specifications.
- Uninstall any recent keyboard update from the TV:
- Select Settings — Apps — Gboard — Uninstall updates.
- Uninstall any recent keyboard update installed from the from the Google Play store.
- Open the Google Play store.
- Select My apps.
- Under Recently Updated select Gboard — Google Keyboard.
- Select UNINSTALL UPDATES.