How to check that the audio format is set to Dolby Atmos.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
Select your model category to check if your device is playing in DOLBY ATMOS format:
- Sound Bar (models with prefix HT): Press the DISPLAY button on your remote control. The current output audio format will appear on the connected TV screen. When Dolby Atmos content is playing, the display shows the characters such as DOLBY ATMOS.
- Multi Channel AV Receiver (models with prefix STR): Press the DISPLAY MODE or DISPLAY buttons on the panel several times. The current output audio format will appear on the TV screen. When Dolby Atmos content is playing, the display shows the characters such as DAtmos, DOLBY ATMOS or ATMOS.
- During 4K output on an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc, playback information such as DOLBY ATMOS may not appear on the TV screen even if you press the DISPLAY button.
- When the unit is set to TV input, playback information will not appear even if you press the DISPLAY button.
- For how to playback the Dolby Atmos contents, or how to connect the TV and the components, refer to the How to play Dolby Atmos format audio using a Multi Channel AV receiver or Sound Bar article.